Pre emergent treatment

Why can't you use a preemergent killer meant for lawns in a flower bed? My local garden shop says no with no explanation. Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn LeCrone

Go ahead and use it. But plant grass in the beds next year....

"Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets, but humbler folk may circumvent this restriction if they know how. To plant a pine, for example, one need be neither god nor poet; one need only own a good shovel. By virtue of this curious loophole in the rules, any clodhopper may say: Let there be a tree--and there will be one"

Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Reply to
Joe Bagodonuts

Pre-emergents for lawns work by keeping seeds from weeds from rooting. They start before grass does. If you use them on flowers, you will also keep the flower seeds from rooting.

Janine

Reply to
jrstark

"Joe Bagodonuts" gardening. Obviously I have it confused with alt.political.correctness.

Smart choice, Joe. There are a number in this ng who are unable to answer a controversial topic question without going into a tirade, an excellent reason for never returning.

The unfortunate consequence about the above observations is that many of these tyrants are extremely knowledgeable and give excellent advice on many items that don't inflame their mental hemorrhoids. It's the unfortunate consequence of a ng. My advice to you is that you remain a lurker or stay away from controversial questions. Ask those questions at your local agricultural extension service. They're paid to be nice.

John

Reply to
B & J

funding by Dow and Monsanto....

"Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets, but humbler folk may circumvent this restriction if they know how. To plant a pine, for example, one need be neither god nor poet; one need only own a good shovel. By virtue of this curious loophole in the rules, any clodhopper may say: Let there be a tree--and there will be one"

Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Where people will receive out of date information, information on how to use synthetic pesticides, spray programs as preventative practices and resistant old fashioned ag agents who never bother to read the new information so we get a lot of old information and some people actually believe it.

I say, ask any question here. If you get pounced on for no reason, ignore it and continue. Otherwise, there is a HUGE world out there on the www and just about anything you could think of, or question can be found with a simple search on

And I mean any answer to any question. Sometimes those answers are incorrect, as well, but certainly not any more or less incorrect than if you ask people in a newsgroup before doing homework.

As for people being paid to be nice? No thanks.

Reply to
animaux