Possible stupid question re: seeds...

Hi there. I used to post here once in a while a few years ago. It's been quite a while. :-)

Here is my question. I found some seeds in a drawer that I forgot that I had. They are all packaged for 2003. Are they still worth planting? I have very little experience planting seeds, so I thought I'd ask here before I put forth the effort.

TIA!

Reply to
Cassandra Cox

Hey Cassandra!

Some seeds remain viable for a long time, some don't. What have you got???????

Sue

"Cassandra Cox" Hi there. I used to post here once in a while a few years ago. It's been

Reply to
Sue

Set aside a square foot of space in a good location, rake the soil a little and sprinkle the seeds. If you get something -- great! Otherwise, let neighbouring plants devour that space. :)

Reply to
Pen

"Sue" in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

yeah.

What have you

try sprouting a few seeds on paper towel, if you have a lot.

Reply to
Gardñ

The germination rate of seeds generally drops over time, but most are good for several years and some for decades (or even centuries). The 'packed for X season' isn't an expiration date.

Reply to
Frogleg