plant advice

I am looking for a pretty flowering plant that will bloom most of the summer or a dwarf shrub that will do the same. I live in Louisiana-zone 8b. I always spend so much time and money edging the front of my garden each year with a colorful plant that will draw attention to my garden . I normally plant red begonias in the garden but by the end of fall they need to get removed. I then go get pansies for the winter months. I now need to focus on by poor backyard so if anyone has ideas,I will appreciate it. I don't want to edge it with the aztec grass like everyone else in my neighborhood but I do like the thought that you plant that and you do not have to mess with it again - it does good all year. I thought of possibly a dwarf fire power nandina. I know it would do good all year - colorful--stay small. Suggestions????

Reply to
Shellie Cahill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

These will get only about 18-36" tall. They are great for those who have limited space, but still want to enjoy the beauty of the crepe myrtle blooms. Dwarf: These will grow about 3-5' tall. These are just thing for borders or foundation plantings. Semi-Dwarf: These generally get between 5-10' tall. They are a good choice for grouping or flowering shrub borders. Standard: Another name for these crepe myrtles are 'tree form'. Just as the name suggests they can reach 15+ feet, and are usually single or double stemmed. They make attractive street or driveway trees if pruned in an upright form. They are also nice in groupings or as background plants.
are pictures of various kinds including the weeping forms. Ingrid