Persian Shield

Can anyone tell me where I can get seed for Strobilanthus dyeranus, more commonly called Persian Shield. Ive seen pictures of this plant on several US sites but not in the UK (where I live) and I would really like to grow it. I understand its probably going to be frost tender where I live but I have room to store it over winter.

thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark Fawcett

".......Can anyone tell me where I can get seed for Strobilanthus dyeranus, more commonly called Persian Shield. I've seen pictures of this plant on several US sites but not in the UK (where I live) ........"

Why don't you try this question on uk.rec.gardening.?

I am sure that there will be several people growing it, and it grows well from cuttings.

Reply to
David Hill

Reply to
animaux

Have you tried the RHS Plantfinder CD ROM?

H.

Reply to
Harvey