OT Music new to me and You

Harmonia Mundi 3:46 Mike Oldfield Music Of The Spheres Classical MPEG audio file 6 1/19/10 4:02 PM 2008

Mike is still about and was new to me. What is new to you? Has a tubular bells hint but I find that enjoyable.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

I certainly remember Tubular Bells being all-the-rage, back in high school. Glad to hear Mike Oldfield is still making music.

.. still quite a following, too. I alway tend to reach for a few old favs .. rather than seeking new stuff - I guess I'm in a rut. I'm also big on home-grown (Canadian) music. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Sorry to hear of the passing of Kate McGarrigle. You North folk have given the rest of us south some wonderful music. Except for Neil Young ...Just kidding.

Found this for perspective on North South Up down yada yada.

Todays is a keeper.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Linda Ronstadt gave a nice interview on CBC radio last night, about Kate McGarrigle. I'll have to dust-off our McGarrigle record and give it a spin. I don't think that I own any Neil Young .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Bill who putters

Heart Like A Wheel 3:13 Kate & Anna Mcgarrigle Kate & Anna McGarrigle Folk MPEG audio file 100 2005

Reply to
Bill who putters

Did you mean to post a www link to the song ? Bill ? All I see is the text - as above . .. my McGarrigle record was warped :-( John T.

Reply to
hubops

If you google "Kate & Anna Mcgarrigle, Heart Like A Wheel", you'll go straight to where you can play it. Not just a sound bite, but the whole song.

Reply to
Wildbilly

... what web site ? I get web links to the lyrics, ringtones, U-Tube, etc etc but not the song only .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

If you can paste it into Google in Safari, or Firefox, it is the very first response.

Reply to
Wildbilly

See if you can find this. Five Octaves yes five .

Bill

Lady Jane 5:01 Rotary Connection Rotary Connection Rock 100 4

1/22/10 6:41 PM MPEG audio file 1967
Reply to
Bill who putters

Zee aka Fresh horses from Sci.med.cardio days turned me on to

Górecki: Symphony #3, Op. 36, "Symphony Of Sorrowful Songs" - 1. Lento, Sostenuto Tranquillo Ma Cantabile 26:47 Dawn Upshaw; David Zinman: London Sinfonietta Górecki: Symphony #3 Classical 100 1 1/12/10

5:17 PM 1992

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters