Music Box Movement - Reuge

Hi All,

Many years ago, I made SWMBO a cherry jewelry box which featured a 36 note Reuge music box movement. The movement has given up the ghost, and I would like to replace it. Google finds plenty of place which sell finished music boxes, but I only found one dealer of just the movement, and they had a very limited selection of tunes. I got the original from Klockit, but now they only sell cheap stuff. (Looks like they don't carry the high end clock movements any more either. Plenty of pukey ducks with clock hands though.) Anbody know who sells these movements?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Scarfinger

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 03:12:13 GMT, the inscrutable Scarfinger spake:

shows a few.

7,030 to be precise.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Try these folks -

John >On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 03:12:13 GMT, the inscrutable Scarfinger

Reply to
John

Thanks for checking, but all those links are for finished boxes. All I need is the movement. I have sent email to a few dealers to see if they will sell a movement alone.

Thanks, Paul.

Reply to
Scarfinger

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 01:00:36 GMT, the inscrutable Scarfinger spake:

Hey, I scanned down about 20 links and found Blob Villa's site. They offer movements (via Rockler). See link "Music Movements - Jewel..." Down a few more screens was the 7thmovement link with more movements.

Man, you really need to learn how to DAGS, Paul. After looking down a dozen screens or so, I changed the search to "music+box+movement+reuge" and found an even better return.

Google and Roget are your friends.

--- Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I would think one of these could help you. You can even listen at the first site.

Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks Edwin,

Music Box Attic replied that they don't sell them separately. Still waiting for replies from Reuge and other dealers.

Paul.

Reply to
Scarfinger

Yeah, I followed Boob's dead links to discontinued items at Rockler. Rockler only sells 50-note and a 72-note movements.

7thmovement gives a link to amazingmusicbox.com which was the dealer in my OP with a limited selection. Only 4 tunes, none of which I want.

Yeah, but Google won't let me search by regular expression.

That's why I use them daily.

You work for the Gov't too?

Reply to
Scarfinger

Well i did a search on google and came up with a few links. Here's the results.

"Scarfinger" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
bronzzy

I just want to make it clear that we do have 50 & 72 Note Movements for a lower price and better quality than Rockler, we just don't have 30 Note Movements available at this time, please see for details

Thank you for your interest,

Roger Atkinson Information Technology Manager

BetterMusicBoxes.com

2703 Camino Chueco Santa Fe, NM 87505 USA

Ph: 505-412-0846

Reply to
BMBhere