Ornamental grass help

I'm looking for a very low growing ornimental grass to fill in an area in my very small back yard. I want it to be a lawn type not a clumpy or high growing type. Is there such a type? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

BMW

Reply to
bmw

I can't think of any lawn type grass other than well, lawn grass. I don't know in what part of the counry you're in, but I'd get a piece of zoysia sod from the garden center and be done with it. Here in the South, zoysia is really the best type of grass for sun and shade and makes a very beautiful carpet.

There are several spreading ground-cover types of Sedum that I could also recommend for filling in an area. Sedum tetractinum and Sedum sexangulare are good spreading types that I've had good luck with. They wouldn't be good for foot traffic, though.

There are also several herbs that can be grown as groundcover and can stand foot traffic. Some of them would probably look grassy like the thymes.

Is this an area that you would want to mow? Will it be walked on? Etc...

Reply to
SedumQueen

Quoting bmw:

Do a google search on "dwarf mondo grass" and see if it might meet your needs.

Reply to
Suze