One more beet recipe

One bunch of small beets. Scrub well and trim the nastiest bits. (peel if using large or older beets).

Grate beets on a fine blade on the device of your choice (I use a Mouli grater).

Place in pan with just enough water to cover and cook until just tender. Drain.

In large sauté pan, heat olive oil (to cover pan), garlic, rosemary and hot pepper flakes if desire. When fragrant, add drained beets and a little white wine if desired. Mix well and let cook about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.

Serve over angel pasta and parmesan cheese to taste. You wouldn't think it would work, but it does.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I don't. The little ones don't have that thick skin. I do scrub very hard... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Sounds interesting! I steam beets with some caraway seed. Then, after draining, toss with a bit of sour cream and serve.

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

That sound interesting. My favorite beet dish is dish of borscht, but it's a PITA to make. I'd rather go to a good Jewish deli for it.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I'll bet that does take a lot of time to make! I'm mad for chopped chicken liver and our only Jewish deli is soso...gonna have to wait until Fall to make it myself!

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

If you are thinking of the basic non-meat cold Jewish borscht, here's my simple recipe.

Peel peets and shred or grate or do whatever you want. Add to water and cook, along with salt, sugar and sour salt. Add the beet greens near the end of cooking. All done!

Reply to
Jerry Bank