O.T. Games Celtic Sheep rugby /polo?

Hello guys \ This is so off topic sorry I know alot of british and irish folks read this news group so I'm hoping there will be someone who knows of this game it's old middle ages .(this is research for a fiction book)) I just wondered if any one has plaed it at a renisance fair lately. I need to get an idea how the game works and some of the rules. I'm havign a dificult time locating this sort of stuf on line. Thanks so much again sorry it's off topic

Reply to
Michelle

The message from Michelle contains these words:

Never heard of it; I think someone may be pulling your leg. Sheep have short thin legs, the legs couldn't support the weight of a rider and the rider couldn't keep his own feet off the ground.

Possibly you may be mixed up with Afghanistan, where polo is or was a played the usual way on horseback, with a sheep or goats head for a ball.

Janet. (Scotland)

Janet (Scotland).

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Here in the good city of Eoforwick we have played this wonderful game for two generations... the original sheep "Murphy" and his offspring "Also Murphy". ;)

The rules for playing on foot as we see it:

Establish two poles a goodly jog apart - each team claims one (colored flags help) Place sheep in middle in circle Scrum for sheep Run toward oponent's pole Oponent try to grab sheep and run it round the other way

This discription to me seemeds incomplete what is the goal and are their spacific rules? how many aside for teams and does any thing go?

Reply to
Michelle