Newbie question: Which is the best hanging birdbath?

We want to install a birdbath in the backyard of our building. Complete newbies at this, so a few questions:

  1. Is it true that, in order to attract birds and for their safety (from cats I suppose), a standing birdbath should not be too low?

  1. Most standing birdbaths we see at HD, Menards etc that are somewhat tall also seem quite unstable, There are a few 2-4 year old kids in the building who could topple them and get hurt. Is it possible to find stable ones, or should we restrict ourselves to hanging ones?

  2. Another thing someone told us is that like rough a surface and we shouldn't get a smooth one just because it looks good. Is that true? What about glass and ceramic?

Thanks in advance, we greatly appreciate the bird lovers here sharing their experience with us?

If you can suggest a few "best value" models that would be great.

Reply to
RPS

: We want to install a birdbath in the backyard of our building. Complete : newbies at this, so a few questions: : : 1. Is it true that, in order to attract birds and for their safety : (from cats I suppose), a standing birdbath should not be too low? : : 2. Most standing birdbaths we see at HD, Menards etc that are somewhat : tall also seem quite unstable, There are a few 2-4 year old kids in : the building who could topple them and get hurt. Is it possible to find : stable ones, or should we restrict ourselves to hanging ones? : : 3. Another thing someone told us is that like rough a surface and we : shouldn't get a smooth one just because it looks good. Is that true? : What about glass and ceramic? : : Thanks in advance, we greatly appreciate the bird lovers here sharing : their experience with us? : : If you can suggest a few "best value" models that would be great.

Reply to
RPS