Need opinions about tomato plants

whitewater262 Thanks to those who posted opinions about various types o

tomato plants. I found some good information about the First Prize and Heartland varieties, and I'm giving those a try, along with four or five others (including some that were suggested here). Hopefully this will be a productive year -- my backyard prouced more than 1,000 tomatoes a few years ago, and I'd love to match or come close to that this year.

If any of you have the space to grow more than you need, please don't hesitate to give your surplus to your local food pantry. It's great project, and there are plenty of people in need.

Thanks again to those who offered kind replies and suggestions.

u are so right about donating your surplus my hubby and i have donate to the grain bank as well as to food banks, and a lot of other thing over the years. we both grew up poor and sure arent rich but its reall nice to be able to share with others. good luck with your tomatoes whitewater i hope u have a very bountifu harvest. cyaaaa, sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Thanks for the great reply sockiescat. I wish you well with your gardening and hope others will choose to garden for their local food pantries.

Reply to
whitewater262

My previous post didn't show up at the board, but I wanted to thank everyone who helped with my final selections. A few of you emailed me privately to recommend some additional tomato varieties, and I was able to order them.

Thanks for continuing to offer sugggestions despite the fact that this thread was repeatedly flamed. I appreciated it.

Reply to
whitewater262