Need opinions about tomato plants

I'm panning my garden for the summer, and I could use feedback about a few tomato varieties:

Burpee Bushsteak

Bush Goliath

Bush Celebrity

Bush Champion

Super Bush

I'd really appreciate any feedback from people who have grown these. Thanks.

Reply to
whitewater262

I have raised Goliath and Celebrity and they did OK, everything considered, (really bad weather and me not being able to raise tomatoes, ever). They tasted OK, but I dint keep them separated and couldn't tell which was which when we were eating them.

Try them, see which you like, and don't plant the others next time. I can a lot, and like the pears and stuffers because my wife cant eat small seeds of any kind. Those are easier to get the pulp out of, before processing.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

I haven't tried any of those, but definitely add this cherry variety to your list. Absolutely delicious! Sun Gold Hybrid:

Doug Kanter

Feedback regarding what? That those are tomato "varieties"? What do you want to know?

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

I can recommended the Viva Italia. It is a paste type but is very sweet, great in salads or just plain eating. It is a semi-determinate and has better resistance to blight than most varieties I grow. JEM

Reply to
Jim Marrs

JEM,

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into those.

Reply to
whitewater262

Looks like a good list but I would ad First Lady II and a cherry Sun Sugar which is a lot like the Sun Gold it looks like. It make a lot of difference what area you are in.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

Any sensible response will first question where you are located. Success with a varital in MN will not likely be dupplicated in FL. Don't forget to add some biological elements to the soil....

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Whitewall obviously isn't a sensible person. He (or it) only wants responses to vague demands posted without being in any way cooperative. If you saw the nasty response I got to my innocent questions, you would see the arrogant troll has a severe attitude problem too. Only subservient butt kissers are acknowledged. You can forget expecting anything sensible from that vain toad wart.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

You know CV if you don't have something nice to say than don't say it at ALL. Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

Some poor imitation of a "good guy doll" you are, Chuckie.

The best you can do is stay frozen.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

I will say it again. If you don't have any thing nice to say don't say it at ALL. Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5 The flame of summer burne within me

Reply to
Chuckie

You are still an insignificant Canucklehead, Chuckle Cheesewhiz, and your inane opinion has no meaning.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Why would I beleive you? Everytime I post something that you partly disagree with you pounce on it and come back with some unnessary remark. Please hold back a little and not stup to childish name calling. It is not becoming. Your opinion counts just as much as mine so it matters little what anyone including me everyone is entitled to their own opinion, No matter what country you live in. I don't know where you come from nor what your life is like, so I can not judge your comments based on your posts you make. Have a happy day Chuckie

Reply to
Chuckie

The flames and off-topic posts are quickly ruining this thread, so I'll try again.

I live in southern Wisconsin, and I'm planning my garden for summer. Each year, I grow tomatoes, which are frequently in demand at the local food pantry. A few summers ago, I gave them more than 850 tomatoes. Because my space is limited, I always plant a number of tomatoes in containers.

NOTE: Cherry tomatoes are not much in demand, and most of the people I've encountered here prefer red tomatoes of some considerable size

- large enough to be used for sandwiches and so on.

Before I came to this group, I did research online, but I never found the answers I was seeking. I've already visited several garden web sites, none of which offered customer feedback about the container varieties I'm planning to grow. If anyone has enjoyed personal experience with these, I'd love to hear about them. I've found that such feedback has tremendous value.

Burpee Bushsteak Bush Goliath Bush Celebrity Bush Champion Super Bush

I have enough yard space to plant some tomatoes in the ground - probably no more than 10 plants. First Prize, Jumbo Hybrid, Jet Star, New Yorker, and Oregon Spring are the ones I'm leaning towards, but I'd welcome opinions from the group about this as well.

P.S. Thanks to those of you who already offered such polite, supportive replies.

Reply to
whitewater262

Yes and I am sorry for involving myself off topic posts. If Cv wants to continue this talk he needs to e-mail me which he more than welcome to.

Yes my E-mail is valid Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

Reply to
Chuckie

Why would I want to talk to you, Chuckles? You don't know anything.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

Nobody here gives a flying farkle, whiteweiner.

You know where you can stick your tomatoes.

Why don't you go and annoy the dummies on GardenWeb instead?

It figures you are out in the boonies of Wisconsin, city folks would kick your arrogant cracker butt.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........

This is a garden group. It is entirely appropriate to ask questions pertaining to gardening. Your posts are the ones that don't belong here.

Reply to
whitewater262

Who died and made you god, Whiteboy?

You are just another troll interloper and you have no authority over people who have been here much longer than your sorry pathetic association.

You definitely would be much happier with your fellow butt buddies on GardenWeb.

Be off with you before you stink up the place any more.

Reply to
Cereus-validus-...........