Need identfication of a plant in our yard..

Which plant is this? I never planted it, and somehow, its seeds took root in our yard. It's gorgeous!

[IMG]
BeTu

That's orange tuberose milkweed, butterflies should be all over it, too.

Susan

Reply to
Susan

In message , Susan writes

Actually it isn't. The photographs show a plant with tetramerous flowers without prominent sepals in a racemose inflorescence, while Asclepias tuberosa has pentamerous flowers with prominent sepals grouped into umbels.

I think that it's Cheiranthus cheiri (wallflower) aka Erysimum cheiri, but it might be one of the other Erysimums.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

You could be right.

Susan