NEED CLOVER SPECIFIC HERBICIDE

We have clover invading some rather nice ground cover. I do not know what kind of ground cover it is as it is a volunteer, but it resembles lemon thyme. We live in Central California in zone 17 if i am not mistaken. Could someone recommend a clover-specific herbicide which will not hurt the mixed-in ground cover? (If there is such a thing).

TIA Dan and Mary

Reply to
Nice Guy

There is no such thing as a clover specific herbicide. Depending on how much you want to be rid of your clover you might want to apply roundup with a paint brush being careful not to touch the other plants.

Derryl Killan Horticulturist's

Reply to
Derryl Killan

Perhaps you could consider the clover another volunteer....

Reply to
Chelsea Christenson

varieties of clover (warning, there are a few to peruse). Clover can be a good addition to gardens and lawns as it locks in nitrogen from the air.

George.com

Nope, no such thing that I've heard of. Plus why get ride of it? If it really is clover, it'll be good for whatever plants it's growing in or amoung.

Reply to
Starlord

Clover is a sign that the Nitrogen is low in a yard.

Try this link for specific treatment;

T Houston

Reply to
jtill