Mum Height

I just bought a few Prophets garden mums and don't know where in the border to plant them? I have some plants that are 16" tall and room to plant in front and behind them.

The tag on the mums says they get 18 to 24" tall but it mentions nothing about pinching. Do mums still get that tall if you are pinching them until August?

Reply to
kozmocat

When you "pinch" the mums only take off about 1/2 inch from the end. They may be as tall as the label says with good growing conditions. I have had good luck with Prophet mums. In N.E. Michigan we make the last pinch on the 4th Of July.

Gary

Reply to
gary