Mosquito Traps-Do they work?

I have about had it with mosquitos in my area...we have had a pretty wet spring here in the northeast and now the mosquitos seem worse then ever... Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to get rid of them? I use DEET and that helps for awhile but I am not sure how safe that is...

tom

Reply to
TomM in NY

:) I have about had it with mosquitos in my area...we have had a pretty wet spring :) here in the northeast and now the mosquitos seem worse then ever... :) Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to get rid of them? I use DEET :) and that helps for awhile but I am not sure how safe that is...

You can have the yard treated in shady areas where they rest during the day with one of the pyrethroid insecticides and it will help reduce the numbers to contend with and have a bit of a repellency to help keep the numbers low. Depending on what is used may determine the time it is effective and cost of having it done.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

It is said that the early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Reply to
Lar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

I bought a mosquito "inhibitor" from Ace hardware this year for a little over $25.00. It works in a 10X10 ft area if the wind isn't blowing. I set it about 5-6 ft upwind of my wife and I on the front porch if there is a breeze and I haven't seen but two or three of the buggers since. The replaceable cartridges are $10.00 for two and last two weeks each. The way these work is they mask your scent from the mosquito. There is a small fan and a lite that are charged with a solar cell. I am well pleased with the performance and saved a bunch over a mosquito trap, ($300+). I am planning to buy a second one for my shop in the garage.

Bad Bob

"Cook him till he's blue, and smother him in onions."

Reply to
Bad Bob