Lemon and Lime Tree help

I have one lemon and one lime. I transplated them both last weekend. Each tree had two fruits growing. Today I checked the trees and there is a problem with the fruit. Each one looks like something is eating the rind. I am not sure what it could be (birds or squirrels) The trees are small and I do not think a squirrel can reach the fruit and the tree can not hold them. Any suggestions on what I can do to protect them? I was thinking of putting a net, simialr to the ones used for tomoato plants, around them. Each tree only stands about 3 -

3 1/2 feet tall.
Reply to
Susan

Hello, Pick the fruit and let the trees recover from the transplant and don't worry about what may be eating them at this time. Is it possible that it is mechanical damage? hth -_- how no NEWS is good

Reply to
how

Check for snails. They eat the skin of the fruit. They will also eat the bark of the tree enough to girdle and kill the tree.

See

Reply to
David Ross

Thanks for this information. Here is a little more detail. Each fruit has little holes. It looks like a bird was pecking at the fruit or scrapping the fruit

Reply to
Susan

Have you even drunk tea made from the tenderest new yellow-green lemon leaves? Delicious! zemedelec

Reply to
Zemedelec