Morning Glory - what's up

Ohio - planted a morning glory seedling in June. This one plant is huge now spreading over a six foot section of fence. However, no flowers yet. I see what appear to be little tiny buds, but they don't seem to be growing. Shouldn't this be blooming by now? What gives?

Reply to
K. Kly

If only I had a dollar for every time that problem turned up in this forum.

K., you forgot to do the fertility dance.

I'm tired of telling people how to do it, so somebody else will need to tell you how to do it this time.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

Wait! Come back in September and tell us about them.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal

I don't know what time of the year they are supposed to bloom in your part of the country, but don't make the mistake of fertilizing them. They prefer a lean soil and fertilizer will produce plenty vine and few blooms.

zhan

Reply to
BillandJeny