Mixing Miracle Gro

I use the Miracle Gro plant/fertilizer for my potted flowers. Mix it up every 2 weeks according to the recommended proportions. Hate the job--I have lots of potted flowers-- It is so messy. Can I make a liquid of the blue granular product and store it in a l gallon plastic container. Then mix it later into my 2 gallon watering can? If so what would be the proportions for each of the 2 mixing steps. I know they have a hose connection bottle but for my potted plants, I want to hand water. Thanks Liz

Reply to
b13171

They already make a liquid concentrate in a big bottle. Very convenient, but I haven't seen it in as many stores as the granular version. As far as how to make it, I have a completely insane idea, but you might like it. Go here

and click the "contact us" link.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sounds like a good idea that would work. The dose is 1 Tablespoon MG per gallon of water. You can make your concentrate just about any way you please. For example,

16 tablespoons = 1 cup 16 cups = 1 gallon

Stir 1 cup MG in about three pints of warm water until dissolved, then add enough water to make exactly a half gallon. With this concentration one-half cup of this mix contains 1 tablespoon of MG. So for this particular mix, you will use 1 cup of this mix in your two gallon watering can.

I hate mixing up MG too. Every time I end up with blue stains on my hands.

Reply to
Phisherman

For your info, I emailed the company 2 days ago and received a reply that they do not recommend mixing the granulars in advance. That is why I asked here.

Reply to
b13171

Ummm......so you think someone here might no something about the product that the company's not telling you? Don't you think they want it to work as well as possible so you'll keep buying it?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom