Marsh Marigold infestation

Hi!

Our property in Pennsylvania has been overrun with these guys. It started 5 years ago in clumps in the Pachysandria surround the edges and around trees and has now progressed dramatically into the lawn and had killed large areas of lawn. After it dies off as it is now in late May after 2 weeks of strong sun, it leaves only small clumps of grass behind. Raking up the dead leaves and stems leaves the seeds behind by the millions. This stuff must go!

How do I get rid of it without killing the Pachysandria and also gaing control of my lawn??

Thanks for any help!

Mike

Reply to
mjmpiano

Hi MJM,

Is there any way you can let the soil dry out when they are dormant? That seems to kill lots of them off. Another thing to do would be t either pull them when you see them or spray with horticultural vinega when they are in active growth and before they go to seed.

also like an acid soil, so maybe adding some lime to the area where they are growing would help and not harm anything else. You ca also dig the roots when they're dormant.
should find this an interesting read. Maybe what you have is no marsh marigold but Lesser celandine.

-- Newt

Reply to
Newt

Thank you Thank you!!! The lime is a great idea. I will have to wait until next spring for the vinegar idea! Drying the soil is not possible, it is a acre property, Pachy borders all around with many planting beds, lots of trees and shade.

Thanks again,

Mike

Reply to
MichaelJ