Making Rainwater Harvesting Illegal

You need a better dictionary. There are other accurate ways to use the word "acknowledge" than the sole example you give.

That is such a bald and ridiculous statement.

I've had 2 primary forms of cancer and both of them would have killed me if I hadn't had a raft of treatment. My oncologists have absolutely no idea whatsoever of the 'causes' of my cancers and they admit they'd be multimillionaires if they crack that mystery. What they do know is that they had to do 'something'. They knew what the consequences would be as a direct result of the perceived problem.

Reply to
FarmI

Contriteness over a perceived lack of sensitivity. My god, how delicate you must be, you poor man.

And so you old fool, you think that with a wave of the hand, all is forgotten:

Ditsy (a.k.a. Dixie) Lee Ray: Is there a good justification, a solid base of scientific facts for the presumed relation between air pollutants and human health? Billy: Care to answer that Oz?

Ditsy (a.k.a. Dixie) Lee Ray: Are the programs to reduce pollutants realistic and cost-effective? What benefits have been achived? Billy: What realistic and cost-effective price do you put on a human life, Oz, hmmm? You didn't answer the question Oz.

Oz:You seem to dredge up an Alzheimer-based hatred of Gov. Ray at every opportunity. Billy: Can I get a citation for Alzheimer-based hatred? I've never heard of it. You didn't answer the question Oz.

Billy: After all these years, the nuclear power industry cannot get private financing for to build new nuclear plants. They cannot get private insurance to guarantee against an accident like Three Mile Island. Why do you think that is Oz? You didn't answer the question Oz.

Billy: So you must have the answer to nuclear waste. I'd love to hear it. Oz: Pick a place -- anyplace -- and pave over about a square mile.  Then roof it over.  Put concrete berms, maybe five feet or so high around the edges.  Coat the entire system with ceramic. Put all the solid shit in there of whatever kind. Erect a fence around it, with locked gates. Put up signs, saying: "Don't f*ck with this or it will kill you. Walk away. Billy:I know it's far fetched but . . . what if someone flew a 747 into it. It could happen. You didn't answer the question Oz.

Now how about some rectitude over the crap that you have been spewing, you pompous, old hack?

Oz, a legend in his own mind.

Reply to
Billy

hehehe. hello im new here..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D

Reply to
angel212

Now the entire place knows you for what you are.

I have never been comfortable around bullies.

To the delight of some, I therefore find I must leave.

Sorry, Charlie; we seem to have begun a convivial relationship. And Victoria, I really did treasure your knowledge and willingness to share it with others, even though we got testy from time to time

cheers to the rest

oz, who won't be here to see the juvenile Nyaaa, Nyaaa in response

Reply to
MajorOz

In article , MajorOz wrote:

Oz's heroine, Dixie Lee Ray, besides supporting nuclear energy, and denying man's complicity in acid rain, ozone depletion, and global warming, was one of the proliferators of the lie that Rachel Carson, because of her exposé on DDT, was responsible for millions of deaths from malaria.

See:

1955, the World Health Organization commenced a program to eradicate malaria worldwide, relying largely on DDT. The program was initially highly successful, eliminating the disease in "Taiwan, much of the Caribbean, the Balkans, parts of northern Africa, the northern region of Australia, and a large swath of the South Pacific"[17] and dramatically reducing mortality in Sri Lanka and India.[18] However resistance soon emerged in many insect populations as a consequence of widespread agricultural use of DDT. In many areas, early victories against malaria were partially or completely reversed, and in some cases rates of transmission even increased.[19] The program was successful in eliminating malaria only in areas with "high socio-economic status, well-organized healthcare systems, and relatively less intensive or seasonal malaria transmission".[20] DDT was less effective in tropical regions due to the continuous life cycle of mosquitoes and poor infrastructure. It was not pursued at all in sub-Saharan Africa due to these perceived difficulties, with the result that mortality rates in the area were never reduced to the same dramatic extent, and now constitute the bulk of malarial deaths worldwide, especially following the resurgence of the disease as a result of microbe resistance to drug treatments and the spread of the deadly malarial variant caused by Plasmodium falciparum. The goal of eradication was abandoned in 1969, and attention was focused on controlling and treating the disease. Spraying programs (especially using DDT) were curtailed due to concerns over safety and environmental effects, as well as problems in administrative, managerial and financial implementation, but mostly because mosquitoes were developing resistance to DDT.[19] Efforts were shifted from spraying to the use of bednets impregnated with insecticides and other interventions.[20][21]

Like John McCain, I might enjoy having a beer with him, but his information on environmental concerns is criminally ideological.

Reply to
Billy

I'm late with this Mike, and likely you are gone, but just in case..... :-)

in an AP kind of mood tonite........

Who knows when we shall meet again, if ever But time... keeps flowing like a river..To the sea... to the sea.....Till its gone forever... gone forever.... gone forever.....Ahhhhh!!!!!! Forever more!! Forever more!! Forever more!!

Reply to
Charlie

Every second zen. Here and Now.

Reply to