Landscape question

I have a question about mulching. I moved into an old house a year ago. It has a flower bed on both sides as well as the front. I would like to put something down to retain moister.

Last year it was very dry and this year so far we have had very little rain. I was told that putting mulch against the house was a bad idea as it will draw termites. This house had little termite damage in the past. And before we moved in we had a termite treatment done.

Are there alternatives that I can do?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Davis Jr

Nicole

The soil level (including the mulch) should be 6 to 8 inches below the level of the siding.

Reply to
Travis M.

Reply to
Bill Davis Jr

That would not be a problem there. I have not measured it but it is at least 16 to 20 inches.

Reply to
Bill Davis Jr