Just arrived

My first post, so I don't know anybody :)

Does anyone know how to keep a hare from eating my prize Japanese maples? or my new peas? or the fresh sprouts of lettuce? etc etc? :)

Reply to
whis4ey

I thought at first you must live in the scottish borders! We have probs. with hares and rabbits - took advise and surrounded plants affected with wooden scewer sticks (50p a packet from supermarkets) this worked for a while until they worked out they could just pull them out of the ground. The only other way i have found is on precious plants i use the expanding willow trellis around the plant - they haven't as yet worked out how to pull this out! The only plus , at least around here once the grass starts growing properly they don't bother coming into the gardens!

Reply to
suemack