Just a geranium! But other suitable plants for pots?

Hey there,

I'm not only new to the forum but also new to gardening. I move into m flat with a small patio garden soon, and I really want to introduce som colour through potted plants, but I'm desperate to do it right and hav a thriving garden! I have to admit that i'm clueless though.

I have bought some pots to start myself off, so that if i do go and bu some, theres something for them to live in straight away.

Firstly, i bought a weak geranium just the other day, it didn't look t healthy, and the maternal pet keeper in me wanted to revive it and loo after it!

So nabbed some cheap compost and now hes sitting outside my fron door. What can i do to help him along? Are there any products i should b adding to the pot or water?

Also, I'm now on the look out for friends for him, but perhaps I' asking to much. Could anyone tell me any good novice or even littl advanced plants that flower through good portions of the year and ca live in large pots?

I hope i have the correct forum area for this, apologies if i have not

Any help would be much appriciated! I look forward to staying aroun this forum for months to come and learning all i can! :

-- Whiley

Reply to
Whiley

First, where do you live? State is fine, but if it's a large one, a general area in the state might be good. For instance, there is quite a bit of difference between northern California and southern. :)

Are you planning on keeping the pots on the patio year round?

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

Oh, durnit. Just noticed a word or two and a spelling or two that indicate you're a Brit. Sorry for being US-centric and restricting it to state. Whereabouts you from?

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

Your post is refreshing and I wish you well, but may I suggest also adding plants with color in the foliage, like begonia. I've grown to like the colored foliage in the winter and keep a begonia and variegated wandering jew in a hanging pot inside near a South facing window.

Regards,

Hal

Reply to
Hal