jpropagating frangipani

Hi folks, I read recently (but threw the paper out!) that frangipani can be cut at this time of year (winter in southern Australia) and that all you have to do is cut it and dry it for a couple of weeks before planting it. Somehow, I feel I've forgotten some of the crucial parts, such as: should I stick the cutting in hormone gel before planting? Should I put it in a particular type of soil? Does it love sunshine/shade?

I DO remember reading that you make sure the white milky substance that oozes from the cut must be kept away from the eyes (but hey, I usually don't insert foreign liquids in my eyes anyway!) and children. That goes for animals too, I guess.

Anyway, any advice on getting some cuttings from this plant would be greatly appreciated. It was going great guns until winter, when it started getting a bit cold and tired. I've since protected it from the cold winds with a clear plastic surround, which seems to have halted its decline.

Regards,

Reply to
Litl Fish