Is any one using washing machine water for growing plants?

My washer is in the basement. Can you discharge the water up to ground level or does everyone who is using washing machine water have their equipment on the first floor?

Reply to
Vox Humana

Back when I was living at home (Hawaii) we'd have drought warnings and the city required everyone to water their lawns every other day. Needless to say our lawn didn't do too well in the strong Hawaiian Summer sun with waterings every two days. I'd fill up the wash sink with the washing machine water and hauled the buckets of water out to the lawn. Also, I'd siphon out the water from the fish tank into buckets and use that too. The lawn did great!

Layne

Reply to
Layne

I use a bio-d laundry detergent without phosphates and water my whole garden with the rinse water from the washing machine.

Jan, in Alaska

Reply to
Jan Flora