Irrigation Controller

I have a system with eight zones - 5 lawn zones and 3 drip zones. I have a "typical" three (A,B,C) program controller with a rain sensor connection. The problem is that I don't want the rain sensor to override all 8 zones because the drips water things that don't get rained on.

  1. I thought I saw a four program controller whereby the rain sensor overrides programs A, B & C only and doesn't effect program D but now when I want it I can't find it. Anyone see something like this?
  2. Is there a different way to skin the cat? Like put in another controller that would just handle the drips with no rain sensor on it and run a jumper "common" from controller to controller. The system was wired with two multiwire cables that use a common ground wire in each cable and there are lawn and drip zones mixed within each cable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply to
Marlinmike

IF there is a spare wire in each cable, you could use is as a second common that bypasses the rain sensor and connect it to the drip zone valves. This assumes that your rain sensor, interrupts the common.

Reply to
Vox Humana