indoor plants and flying insects

I have about 7 indoor plants, mainly pothos. I noticed very small flying insects around them. Only one per plant (for now!) I'll use some organic spray for them but I was wondering if there are any plants that repel insects and I don't have to worry about them?

I don't care what plants they are as long as they can live in a container and can be kep alive. Can you please suggest something?

Thanks.

Reply to
ted

They are fungus gnats. Instead of freaking out, just ignore them. Or reduce watering, which will cut the population somewhat.

If you have plants, you have fungus gnats. No way around it.

-

theoneflasehaddock

Reply to
theoneflasehaddock

Yuck. I have only one plant in the house right now . But my bathroom and somewhat in my kitchen has these little gnat things like fruitflies kinda. I've been wondering if they come up from the drains? Are they the same thing? One bathroom is particularly bad. I sprayed some Raid flying insect in there today and shut the door. Seemed to get rid of them for a moment.

amy

Reply to
Amy D

They'll be back. Their larvae would still be in the drains. Have a look at this site which describes drain flies and control methods:

This site also describes these, but as moth flies:

luck.

Reply to
eclectic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This message was posted via one or more anonymous remailing services. The message sender's identity is unknown, unlogged, and not replyable. Any address shown in the From header is unverified. For more information about this anonymous remailing service visit:

This anonymous remailer is a joint project of the Xandra International Freedom Association.

Reply to
anonymous

YUCK! Thanks for the info!

amy