How to tell if a Dogwood is dead

I tried to transplant a 6' Dogwood over the winter. I got some of the near-surface feeder roots so it would have a chance.

(I am located near Raleigh NC)

The tree still has lots of green twigs. Only a few twigs and small limbs have turned brown.

But it has not leafed out. No sign of leafing out as of May.

I want to know if it is just dormant, rebuilding its roots, or is it dead.

I am a patient type, but my wife is nagging me to replace it. I might convince her to give it another year if I find some source of hope.

Should I give up on it or wait till next year?

Reply to
Tom Adams

Replace it.

Reply to