How to hide well head?

We have a well head that sticks out of a hill in a very rocky place where I have not been able to get anything to grow.

A neighbor bought one of those plastic fake rocks to cover theirs, but they are very expensive ($60) and look much too fake to me.

Any other ideas for a simple way to hide this ugly 2 ft pipe that sticks out of the ground? It must be removable so that if the pump breaks the well can be opened and serviced.

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

Reply to
Jenny

Paint the pipe the same color and pattern as the surrounding area. It may help to take a few photos to get a better idea.

Reply to
Phisherman

Put up a windmill

Reply to
Charles T. Smith

What item makes sense in that location? A small table and a pair of chairs if it's in shade perhaps? A planter? A trellis? Statuary on a pedestal? Between a couple rows of crops that could be disturbed if needed to get to the well, like grapes or raspberries? Storage shed constructed so a portion can be pulled for well access?

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

Plant rhubarb plants around it. Fertilize them heavily.

Reply to
Jan Flora

Most folks around here construct an edifice just for the well and its supporting stuff, like the reservoir tank. Its called a well house. What you're talking about isn't meant for decorative appeal. An outbuilding isn't always an outhouse. Dave

Reply to
Dave

A fake rock.

I got RK1 Well Stone Camouflage Rock (Dekorra Products) for $64 from Amazon, now listed as unavailable there though.

Reply to
Ron Hardin

"Dave" wrote in news:xkpbi.16062$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I'd build an outhouse, complete with half-moon on the door. And then I'd find some way to make hollyhocks grow all around it. But that's just me. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Ron Hardin wrote in news:466E54A7.1159 @mindspring.com:

Or make one. Use chicken wire on a wood frame and canvas for the "rock". Paint to look like a rock.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Reply to
dr-solo