How do trim a YUCCA tree

Hello,

I have a huge YUCCA tree in my garden that is taking up so much space cant see half the garden. Does anybody know the best way and time o year to trim this tree?

I appreciate any advice,

thanks

Ma

-- mwillia

Reply to
mwillia

yucca are NOT trees, are you sure of what you have? Or do you have a Josha tree which is protected by law.

Reply to
Starlord

"Starlord" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@inreach.com:

A Joshua Tree IS a Yucca.

-Sanderson

Reply to
Sanderson

Wrong again, Storelard!

By the botanical definition of the word "tree", all arborescent Yucca are indeed trees.

The best way to trim is to remove the offending branches at their base as you would any other tree.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

The "Joshua tree" is Yucca brevifolia.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

Sorry ... But NO they are NOT.

Yuccas don't grow into trees, their flower stalk grows up, blooms, seeds, and can then be removed, I've done enough of them. Josha Trees are a woodie plant and are protected by law.

Reply to
Starlord

That's Joshua. The name is in the bible.

Look up the definition of tree and you will see arborescent Yucca do fit the definition no matter what you would like to believe.

You just keep on searching the skies because you sure don't know anything about what grows on the ground.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

"Starlord" wrote in news:kNydnR2Dc-Kcdn snipped-for-privacy@inreach.com:

Dubmass.

-Sanderson

Reply to
Sanderson

Are you dyslexic, Dub Taylor?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.......

Come on out to the high mojave desert where we have whole forest of Josha Trees protested by the laws.

Reply to
Starlord