How do I plant geraniums from dry roots

someone gave me a bunch of dried geraniums that she had in her basement over the winter. How can I get some life back into them? Apparently she overwinters them this way and them plants them in the spring. Does this sound right?

Lori

Reply to
Kayla

I have heard of that method. I would imagine you would soak them in water for an hour or so and then pot them up or stick them in the ground when it warms up.

Reply to
Travis

Reply to
VMWOOD

by any chance, do you just pull them up in fall and keep them bare root in a bag in the basement? if not, how do you store them?

Reply to
rosie read n' post

Reply to
Romy Beeck

I took leaf cuttings and have been keeping them under the grow lights all winter. They're doing quite well but using bare roots sound interesting.

How does this work? Do you just yank the whole plant out of the ground, and shake the dirt off? Why not cut all the leaves off?

Swyck

Reply to
Swyck