Trailing geraniums

I planted 40 trailing geraniums in my window boxes yesterday. I am gutted today to find that nine of them have been snapped off and there is no sign of the snapped off parts. Has any one got an explanation for this please? Could it be some sort of vermin/bird

Reply to
juggles

I bought some Trailing Geraniums this year which have put on a beautiful display in one of my hayracks. The growers notes stated I was not allowed to take cuttings of them. So I am now left wondering if I can overwinter them. I dont have a greenhouse or a particularly suitable windowsill.

Can I (for example) wrap the whole basket in fleece? it is sort of sheltered against a West facing wall of my house. Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
allen73