How do I kill gnat eggs in indoor soil, organically?

Actually I believe you have to be licensed in the state of Colorado for this type of extermination exercise - and don't forget to apply for the permit that will allow you to install the proper piping and ductwork required. This may require moving your house to the proper building zone area. Tina

Reply to
Tina Gibson

"Tina Gibson" wrote in news:fbAmb.177047$9l5.4538@pd7tw2no:

oh well ... back to the drawing board. :-)

- ST

P.S. Colorado fungus story:

Salty Thumb

You asked for advice so why the argument? Water meters are notoriously ineffective and potting soil for houseplants tends to be very moisture retentive anyway. For a totally non-chemical approach, repot the plants in fresh soil, back off on the watering and place a thin layer of coarse sand (aquarium sand works well) on the top of the soil. The gnats are disinclined to lay their eggs on the sand. Fungus gnats are extremely common in houseplants and this is SOP for their control

BTW, there are fungal spores everywhere, Colorado included.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal