What is going on with Micros**t?

What the hell is going on with all this "Microshit" spam and bullshit attachments and why the hell isn't Microsoft doing something about it.

I have to get myself a new email address every few weeks because my mailboxes are overflowing with Micros**t spam and attachments.

Microsoft won't have a single customer left if they don't act soon.

Reply to
<pbutler111

And what makes your off topic spam any better than all the "taste this patch" messages we're seeing?

Reply to
Phrederick

Stop using your real e-mail address on usenet and don't use it on web forums. AOLers are famous for sending bullshit to everyone so it's highly likely that that may be the problem as well.

Microsoft don't care, that's been obvious for a long time. I gave up Windows a year and a half ago.

Reply to
Tom Randy

Look, it's simply the downside of an otherwise great system that the internet represents. I mean, how can you beat Google as compared to going into a library? The virus attempts are annoying but with an AntiVirus that is kept updated, they become a minor issue. Norton simply dumps the bs that comes in, before it comes in. Get a 30 day trial from symantec dot com and see if that makes a difference. Frankly, it's just part of the daily nuisance, no more than that and no different from the penis pillpatch spam crap that keeps on trying. Microsoft markets operating systems and patches them when the have to, this is why they offer a free upgrade system named windows update. Changing your email addy is extreme, why not do the simplest thing and invalidate your email addy like this removethismyname@myisp Just my opinion, of course. John in western Canuckistan

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

messenger: Hortus Plasticus ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) Outgoing email checked by Norton AV

Reply to
canuckistani

I use MailWasher, free download, and it works well, intercepts all junk mail etc and is easier to sort through, though I wouldn't be without Norton anti virus as well. I get around 200 junk and "Microsoft" items a day, and can now sort them out in around 10 mins.

Reply to
David Hill

Welcome to the net. Some ISPs will _NOT_ let you use any other e-mail address other than a valid one. I know, because I tried. I had to set up two new accounts, this one, which I never check, and another one, which I never use on the newsgroups.

My ISP is probably getting a mess of spam and viri packed messages every day. I honestly tried to mess up the isp (right part after @), but that bombed as well.

It's their problem. I tried.

invalidate your email addy like this removethismyname@myisp

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Reply to
madgardener

Some ISPs will _NOT_ let you use any other e-mail address other than a valid one Huh? Obviously, anyone sending spam to snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca would not get very far, unless they remove the REMOVETHIS first and spambots cannot differentiate. It would not get to me since entry would be denied at ISP level, no such account, permanent fatal errors. Oh sure, someone may remove the REMOVETHIS manually but that does not make sense from a spammer's viewpoint. Some sick bastard might and there are lots of those around but then my AV, firewall and proxies would pick that off. Another aspect of OE, imperfect as it may be, is the Rules bit. I made Rules for the most common spam and most of it ends up in Deleted Items rather than in my inbox. One could also set limits on file size and the malicious code involving klez and similar worms are around 144 kb. ISPs cannot even begin to code for intercepts since spam changes regularly, that would be a 24/7 job. Personally, I find that intercept programs use up an awful lot of memory resources. It's an imperfect world. Present company excepted, of course. :)

Reply to
canuckistani

One should properly munge their address. Mine for example is properly munged. Doing it any other way just eats up bandwith trying to deliver mail to a bogus address.

Reply to
Travis

Reply to
Michael Shaffer