Help, Kyushu Hydrangea plant with wilted leaves Dying

I bought a Kyushu Hydrangea plant 2 months ago from a nursery, now its leaves are gradually wilting/dying, from the bottom up. What can I do to save it?

Pics of it at

tried doing a search for Kyushu Hydrangea on usenet hoping solutions are already given, but found nothing on it. Is it known by another name and is there a commonly used name for it?

Reply to
ississauga

Ajisai is the Japanese word for Hydrangea, while there are many varieties, I have never seen one like your picture, It almost looks like it was grafted onto a tree rose.

If I were you, I would return it to the nursery where you bought it.

Reply to
Cindy

It looks like you purchased the tree form of Paniculata Kyushu. I've never owned this type of hydrangea, but I have been told it is a "finnicky" variety. As with all hydrangeas, Kyushu likes a well drained soil. If the soil doesn't drain well and holds too much moisture around the roots, the plant will die from within. It may be that you are over-watering, or you have poorly drained soil. Could either of these be the cause of your Kyushu dying? good luck, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Here are some nice pictures of it:

Frank LeMond

Could there be damage to the trunk? Especially where your stake ends below the branching point, that trunk looks delicate and needs a better stake.

Reply to
Garrapata