Help ID a lawn weed?

I'm in Massachusetts, and my lawn has a smattering of these weeds. I'd like to identify what they are so I can then find an appropriate means to control or eliminate them. Here's my description:

The leaf is almost round, with a little indent where the stem meets it. I thought it might be a violet of some kind, but I haven't seen any flowers. Of course, they don't seem to grow very high, almost like they know exactly how high the (cut) grass is because the mower doesn't touch them. I tried a broadleaf weed control (Weed Be Gone) and it's yellowing the edges but it doesn't seem to be killing it like it kills dandelions and other weeds. Leaves seem to be around the size of a a dime rnaging up to a half-dollar in size.

Anyone want to take a crack at ID'ing them from that description and maybe offering some advice on killing them off without affecting my lawn? TIA!

Mike

Reply to
drgrafix

Don't Reply

Sounds like moneywort (aka creeping charlie or dollar weed). I have it all over my lawn especially near my garden.

Try checking this to id it and get rid of it:

Toonartist

Think you guys have it right on. It's pouring out but I'll go pick some this morning to double check.

Funny thing is I've used Step 2, used Weed Be Gone, and it sort of persists... but yup, we've had a moist summer, and a lot of this crap is in the shady areas of my lawn.

I just have to do a better job of killing it!

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
drgrafix

Run for the hills!!!!! Is there anything out there that will kill it without taking the environment with it???

Colleen Zone 5 Connecticut

Reply to
GrampysGurl