Ground Ivy is gone!!!!

And I want to keep it that way. By the end of summer my lawn is taken over by ground ivy. Every winter it dies out. I've just seen the lawn for the first time in a couple months and as usual, the ground ivy is gone. What and when should I apply something to keep it from coming back? I live about 12 miles north of Pittsburgh, zone 5/6. I don't want to fertilize the grass because in the spring, I have a problem keeping it cut just with it's natural growth. I can't always cut it when it needs it because the lawn is one step from being a swamp.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

FishBooger