Greenhouse Heat Sink

Have Just Installed A Small Heatsink System And It Works!

Using A 5 Watt Solar Panel Old Fan From Computer And 40mm Waste Pipe All Attatched To A Small 12 Volt Battery. If You Go To Reuk.uk It Gives All The Information There And Its So Easy To Set Up.next Project Is Running Water From Bath And Basins To Water Butt Using 15mm Speedfit Pipe.on The Island Everyone Has Water Butts What With The Hot Weather The Rainwater Is Free And The Bath And Basin Water Contains Shampoo And Soar Which Can Keep The Bugs At Bay. Good Luck If You Take These Projects On Well Worth It Once You Have Bought Bits And Bobs Thats It

Reply to
telgip666

You capitalized the first letter of every word. That makes your message quite unreadable.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Our green house(and our people house as well) is built out of Hebel AAC- Autoclaved Aerated Concrete, Which is a building block with a very high insulation value. that originated in Germany. My father was one of the first to import them to this country for house construction. The green house has solid concrete floor and back wall up to grade (about halfway up the back) with 4" of foundation foam between that and the earth. The upper half of the back and the northwest end are buillt of 12" AAC, and the other two sides and roof are wood frames with used tripple pane grocery store type glass freezer doors. We plug in a little electric radiator on some of the very cold nights (below 20). and can start plants in there in late februarry without worrying about freezing. We do use a grow light on a timer to extend the days in the early spring. Here in WV I am further south than you are, but at 3000 ft we still get pretty good winters.

Reply to
allen73

Just speculating that the poster might be from a German speaking background, where nouns are capitalized, but then he does verbs and prepositions as well, so I'm at a loss.

Poster, take heed to what David said. If you post to other groups with all CAPS, you might receive a chilly welcome... Besides, it's such a nuisance to keep Hitting The CAP Key For Every Word!

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Achten Sie nicht auf die verrückte Leute hier.

Reply to
Bill Rose

im from iow ,uk

Reply to
telgip666

Wight, or wrong, isle be seeing you again in "wrecked gardens" ;O)

Reply to
Billy

Wow! This is really cool. We have a greenhouse we set up last year, and our big question has been what's the best, "greenest", and cheapest way to moderate the wide temperature swings and keep the greenhouse warm on winter nights.

Just reviewed the info at 'Solar Greenhouse Heat Sink - Solar'

and this is brilliant. We were actually thinking of using an old computer fan, but we had not put the rest of this idea together.

Thanks so much for posting this!

Reply to
rhubarb

I am taking it a step further and running another pipe right into the apex stopped of at the end,with holes drilled into the top with another fan about halfway along with another set of electrics but using same battery.

Iwill feed this into the existing downpipe,hopefully will pick up all available air.

Reply to
telgip666