Green Velvet Boxwood

I posted this before, but got no responses. Maybe it's because I mistakenly called them "emerald green" boxwoods, confusing them with the arborvitae I have in pots. Sorry about that. Anyway I got these two "green velvet" boxwoods as tiny shrubs about 4 years ago. I've had them in 18 inch pots. They are now big and I need to know if I have to take them out of the pots. I don't want them to die, so if I have to I will, but I really like them in pots. Can I root prune them (something I've never done before)? Can I just leave them in the pots, or should plant them in the ground? It would be great if anyone has any advice. Thanks.

Em

Reply to
Emerald

Just pop them out of the pots and have a look at the root mass. Is there lots of available space left, or is it a tangled rootbound mess?

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman