Green House Help

We have just purchased a Green House. While waiting for its delivery I am anxious to learn as much as I can about what and how to grow plants through the winter in eastern North Carolina. Does anyone have a favorite book or perhaps some FAQ's on line that I can read? Any personal experience to share? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mary Jo

Reply to
mjciccarel

Since you have somehow found your way to a gardening news group I surmise you have access to an online computer. Why don't you put "greenhouse gardening" into a search and look through some of the many thousands of hits you'll get.

If you can find some kind soul to lead you to a library there will most likely be a large selection of books about gardening and hopefully a few about greenhouse gardening. If you can't find the gardening section your helpful librarian will lead you to it or point you in the general direction. The library keeps it's books in order by using the Dewey Decimal System. Gardening is 635. In this wonderfully useful system you will find 635.9823. That's the section within the 635 grouping that pertains to greenhouse gardening.

Val

Reply to
Val

Better yet does anyone in the area have a working greenhouse? Some folks like to share the love of gardening info up close. Approach bring gifts which may or may not be fruitful.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Get "Greenhouse Gardener's Companion" by Shane Smith. It's a teriffic book.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

This is the place for greenhouse questions and information.

have two hobby greenhouses.

Reply to
Manelli Family