Grass seed question

Hi all, I did some over seeding last fall I live in Maryland. My question is ? Is there still seed in the ground that will sprout this spring ? The reason I am asking I was thinking about putting down some crabgrass stop stuff.

Reply to
Keith Corwell

You'll need to add more seed. And, pour on plenty of crab grass stuff and any other chemicals you like, at the appropriate times. It leaches into your waterways, but your chemicals won't. Just everyone else's.

On route 17 through New York's Catskill Mountains, there's a sign that simply says "Chesapeake Bay Watershed Area". Think about that, and look at a map to understand the significance. The sign's about 30 miles East of Binghamton.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

What? Come on Kanter, they might just do that. LOL.. Crabgrass loves compacted soil. Plug aerate the crap out of it with 4" plugs at least in the fall before re-seeding. Use ONLY the recomended setting to apply any chemical on your lawn. Pelletized lime also (but in like mid December and 1st week of August) so your lawn can take up the nutrients and not leech anywhere. Its not rocket science, just timing and conditions (sloping compacted soil, drought, too hot, etc) Your seed in the yard probably wont germinate anyway. The seed is only good for 9 mos. in the bag in Va. and can only be tested twice and then deemed no good, soooo, if the bag you bought was already re-tested, then chances are....(you can tell if re-tested by the "stick-on" label on the original test date). Take a trip over to Solomans Island and visit the Univ of Maryland Center for Environmental Sciences Chesapeak Biological Lab to see where "everyone elses" chemicals go. They're pretty cool folks there. KC in Richmond Member--Virginia Lakes and Watershed Management Asoc. Oh yea, the bays not dead, just biding its time to get even with that asteroid.

Reply to
KCnRichmond

Who are "they" and what is "that"? What are you referring to?

You've obviously been there. Where do chemicals go?

Reply to
Doug Kanter