Grass seeding

What is the best time to over-sow grass seed in the spring? (I know that the fall is the best time). We live in Zone 7 (Maryland); the weather has been cold and lingering snow left the yard very soggy until recently. It's still very damp.

Is there a typical "best time"? Temperature has been in the 60's all week, but that won't last.

Dora snipped-for-privacy@giveitup.com

limey at toad dot net

Reply to
limey

We need to wait a bit longer in this zone, Dora. Wait until the danger of frost has passed (I think according to the almanac in our area it's mid-April.)

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

If you want to plant now move south. My bahai grass seed I put out a while back is starting to poke out of the ground already. South central alabama, don;t have a clue as to what the zone is here! Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy