Freezing weather this weekenc

I just finished moving all of my tropical plants outdoor last week. I am living Dallas, TX area where statically the winter should be over. However, for some strange reason, I heard on the news that this weekend the temp will be dropping to near freezing in the morning hours.

Questions: Do I have to be concerned about my plants that are outside? This is going very short (few hours). Will the plants survive such a short time of temp dropped?

Thanks in advance,

JIMMY

Reply to
Jimmy Sayavong

Depends on which plants they are, some will tolerate some cold, some die quickly.

Reply to
Charles

Jimmy, I believe our average last killing frost in Dallas is usually mid March. So be aware even later freezes may occur.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

"Jimmy Sayavong" wrote in news:HNYFh.3365$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

A florist told me over just this last weekend that plant tissue can freeze in mere seconds. If you treasure them, move them back inside. Especially any succulent types with water-laden leaves -- Jade trees, Hoya, cactus, etc.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Can you drape Xmas lights through/around them? probably enough heat to give protection from near frost temps, especially if a cover is also used.

Yeah, as said - anything valuable should be brought back in. And I also read last average frost is mid-march.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan