Fragrant Schefflera

My neighbours here in South Australia where I live grow a plant that gives off an amazing perfume on warm summer evenings. It stands about

2m tall and looks very much like a variety of schefflera (umbrella plant) with clusters of small tubular flowers. I would like very much to grow it myself. The thing is: which variety of schefflera can it be? My internet search indicated schefflera varieties are not fragrant. Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Reply to
phlebus

brianflay

Sounds like a night blooming jasmine to me, not a true jasmine but Cestrum nocturnum. I grow them as houseplants from cuttings I took while visiting Florida.

Reply to
Beecrofter