Feeding Rhodis and Lilly of the Valley together??

Will I do an harm to lilly of the valley living below a Rhodi by giving the standard Rhodi food (24-12-12, I think)? Can the lillies take this food?

Also, will commerical, manurery compos/sand mix *plus* Rhodi food be overkill for the Rhodi? It's a bit chloritic I think, but also hasn't bloomed yet. Assuming it needs feeding, will I wipe out the blooming and/or overfeed? The shrubs are about 6'x6'.

Thanks much,

Michael

Reply to
mmeric

Michael:

Why not have your soil tested and approach this like a scientist instead of like an alchemist? The nutrients you are about to apply may not be limited at all (are therefore not in need of augmentation) but merely locked up by pH or base saturation of antagonists, etc. Similarly, what kind of Rhodo do you have - catawbiense, maximum, yaku, carolinanum/minus, etc. This can make a difference in a recommendation. If you plant is chlorotic AND isn't blooming you may have a disease issue or a problem with root physiology. Do you have vine weevils chowing on the root collar? Why is your starting hypothesis nutrient limitation?

Mike

Reply to
Mike LaMana