Dhalia

I have a Dhalia (Langstaff) in a pot. Now all the leaves are covered in a dusty thing....fungus? Is it normal for Dhalias to have this problem? Anyway to prevent it?

Reply to
Paulo

Powdery mildew. Not much you can do now about it. A fungicide next year when the leaves emerge. Try Organicide next year.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Randy

Thanks Tom. Should i cut it now or wait until the first frost? (It looks awful...)

Thanks again

Reply to
Paulo

Dhalia and Greggia?

Do you mean Dahlia?

Not a good plant to grow in pots because of the tuberous roots. If the leaves have mildew its because the plants have been kept too wet in a humid atmosphere. Give them moving air.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Greggia? The plant is in the balcony, a lot of wind there...but we are having a very humid summer. I have to keep it well watered or the leaves look wilted. At the beginning of the summer looks beatiful...but not anymore

Reply to
Paulo

You can do either but don't compost the infected leaves.

Reply to
Tom Randy

leading e-list for Dahlia people.

Reply to