Daphne - Propagation

Hi GG's

We had a REAL HOT SPELL a month or so ago and the Daphne [Daphne Odora Alba - "Star White"] was knocked about a bit. It lost a whole heap of leaves, but, it is now coming back.

Where the leaves fell off, multiple new growth is developing - very slowly! As this is a hard specimen to find, I'd like to risk an attempt to propagate it.

Daphne are notoriously fickle plants and I don't want to kill the plant we have, just to have the cutting not take either.

I need your help! What is the best way to propagate Daphne from a cutting?

Reply to
krONik

Where do you live? They grow like weeds here. Seattle area, You can buy a nice 1 gallon plant for less than $10 here. Not worth the effort to porpogate them. I can steer you in the eright direction if you need contact names

Reply to
kenv

I just pop a few pieces into some moist potting mix. At least one should grow, if you keep it moist but not wet. And you've still got your original plant as well.

Jen

Reply to
Jen