Crows

I have allot of crows in my garden, is there a good way to keep them away? Sandy

Reply to
sandy

I've used flash tape to keep the birds out:

Some people like to use aluminum pie pans hanging from trees or stakes. These work best where they can spin from the wind and bump in to each other to make noise (imho). I've used aol cd's and bad burnt cd's (coasters) in apple trees to help scare away the birds. A large rubber snake or a plastic owl works great also. You could always build a scarecrow. If your into buying garden toys, you could try this:
make sure you have your video camera around to film the fun.... Good luck.

Reply to
Timothy

Thank you for the ideals. sandy

Just make sure you have your video camera around to film the fun....

Reply to
sandy

Reply to
Michelle

Just make sure you have your video camera around to film the fun....

Reply to
Michelle

such a delightful person

Reply to
escapee

A joy, huh?

Reply to
Fito

We have owls, hawk, and crows.

Reply to
Vox Humana

In the spring, the crows will eat grubs, which will help your garden. Once you seed things, they will also pull up the tender seedlings and eat the roots, which won't help your garden. Late in the summer, they will peck at fruit to get water.

I run monofilament fishing line over my crops. I use the fluorescent blue stuff, 8 lb test (not really important), about 3 ft high in parallel rows about 4-5 ft apart covering the crop and extending about

2-3 feet past the crop. The crows can see that there's something there but their eyesight isn't good enough to see just what or where it is and they don't want anything above them. Last year I lost my first two zucchini plantings until I did this. The monofilament is cheap and readily available. Once the plants are more than 3" high the crows don't seem to be interested in them and you can remove the line. Since the lines are parallel, you can walk between them for weeding if you have to.

I tried the inflatable owls and snakes and eye balloons, but this works better.

Reply to
dps