Could It Soon Be Against The Law To Have A Home Garden In The U.S. ???

Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt the little guy!

EVP MAN

This won't pass. But, I figure, one of these days they are going to tax you for doing your own gardening and yard work since if you paid someone to do it, they would have to pay tax.

Reply to
Frank

White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

"the most dangerous bill in the history of the US"

Puuhhlleeaassee....nwofighters is a bit too biased for me to take anything they say seriously...

Reply to
Zootal

White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Monsanto isn't necessarily evil (though, some of what they do causes me a little concern...)

And I can't take any person who believes in the poorly-defined "New World Order" seriously. There's just no clear evidence for it; as far as I can tell it's all just conspiracy theories...

~~BB

Reply to
BB

an outsider I found this article pretty well useless. It goes on about the evils of this bill and gets the knife into Monsanto but never actually tells you (or gives a link to) what this bill actually says, nor does it explain why it is so evil. I found the reference to HAACP confusing and in the absence of showing any connection I wondered what it has to do with this bill other than somebody they don't like is responsible for it has some connection to HAACP.

There may be something to this issue but these blokes were not able to say what it was. What is the value of journalism that is all allegation and no substance?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Just type senate bill S.510 into google. It's not just NWO where you can read about it.

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN

How silly. This is a _news_ "source"? It's interesting that among the hysteria is no mention at all of the proposal's actual provisions or a link to its text. Did anyone notice elsewhere on the page the two insubordinate former Fox newsies who fail to grasp that press "freedom" adheres to him who _owns_ the press. LOL!

Reply to
Balvenieman

One would accept your question as rhetorical. Surely no rational citizen would mistake that site's folderol as "journalism";-)

Reply to
Balvenieman

Good Lord. The really sad part is that thanks to those who mistakenly regard voting as a "right", instead of as a priveledge of respondible citizenship, you can vote without qualification.

Reply to
Balvenieman

Still, I suppose that it must be investigated since what once seemed absurd, now seems to be common place.

The joys of a police state, don't you know.

Reply to
Billy

ll-3171.bay.webtv.net:

Yes they ARE "evil". You need to read independent sources that field dedicated investigative reporters, like newspapers used to have in the good old days.

Now there's not much left in the alternative press that is not nut- fringe political.

One of the few remaining investigative journals is dear old "Mother Jones" magazine. What they dig up on a nothing budget puts the well-funded biggies to shame. They've won many top journalistic awards for their reporting.

A story they ran on Monsanto a few years ago still give me chills. If I can find it, I'll summarize. but briefly: In poor country "x" they took over water such that the peasants, who used to draw from their own wells, have to BUY bottled water from Monsanto! These are people who can barely feed their children, much less buy bottled water for fear of using their own.

And what Monsanto has done in the "developing" world, forcing farmers to buy new seed every year instead of taking their own seed (as farmers have done for millennia) is a CRIME!

These are horrible, horrible exploiters. But of course they're so wired into the Congressional whorehouse that they can get away almost literally with murder.

Most of it probably is. Hoi Polloi in America is so ignorant, it's frightening.

On a more substantial point: There is blindingly clear evidence for the corporate takeover of our country. Started big-time perhaps 30-35 years ago, and until the last election, was zipping along in full control. (Katrina; Gulf spill; Iraq, Afghanistan; Wall Street -- the latter of which, may I remind you, suppurated under Bush and even some Clinton, during the years when nobody was minding the regulatory store.)

Now Obama is making feeble gestures, but he's not the leader people hoped for, listening to those dynamic campaign speeches.

[...]

H.B.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3171.bay.webtv.net:

I did do that when I saw the original page. I didn't read the bill but rather the summary on govtrack.us:

. (Yes, I know there are some who don't trust tinyurl's.)

And, based on that summary, I don't believe that the bill is aimed at shutting down giving garden surplus away to friends and neighbors. The "Chicken Little" aspect of the originally-posted article is, IMO, unfounded.

~~BB

Reply to
BB

Hey hey I don't think this will never happen, as I feel Gardening is every man's right.

And nobody can stop us from doing it :)

Reply to
DanielK

I feel the same way. Growing ones own food is a God given right! I will continue to grow my own garden at any cost (even jail) if it should ever come to that. I honestly don't think it will because that could very well be grounds for another revolution.........LOL

Rich

Reply to
EVP MAN

I found this science fiction book an excellent read. "The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi". In the future, companies were genetically engineering blights that would destroy heirloom fruits and vegetables. They would have their own versions of food sources that would be resistant to the diseases that they created and they controlled the seed stocks to their sterile plants. These corporations were rich and powerful.

The Windup Girl [Hardcover], ISBN-10: 1597801577

Fiction... can have an insight to a real future.

YES! Corporations can be EVIL!

Reply to
Dan L.

Don't be so sure!

Reply to
Dan L.

I think of catching rain and water rights and am not so sure either.

Reply to
Bill who putters

There was a time too, that I didn't think Americans would kill a couple of dozen people, to kill one suspected "terrorist.

Reply to
Billy

Will it hurt the small farmers who sell their crop to the general public? There is no way they can shut down giving produce away to friends and neighbors. If a law like this passed it would be broken more than the laws against pot.

Also, the President's wife has a garden so I don't think he'd piss her off by signing such a bill that prohibits giving produce away. If the bill wants to shut down small farmers then I'd be suspicious of all the culprits involved in drafting it -- not just a single corporation. Getting a bill through Congress usually takes quite of few interested parties who will benefit.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Stop being so polite.

Legislation requires bribery. Plain & simple.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom